Monday 14 June 2010

Mow Cop a load of this 1

I returned to Mow Cop this weekend, for a gentle walk. It's a great gritstone outcrop on the Staffordshire-Cheshire border, with a folly on top. It was also the focal point of Primitive Methodism, the straight-edge, political, hardcore version. They merged with the other Methodists again in 1932.

If you like pictures of flowers, cows, small brown birds reed buntings and corn buntings or skylarks, and radio telescopes, here's where you should click. As usual, click on these pictures for a larger version

Jodrell Bank






All fields have baths. It's a rule






Donkeys are great. I had donkey salami once. Delicious.


I rushed out without hat, long sleeves or Factor 50, and consequently am horribly sunburned, all over my arms, face and neck. I'm normally really careful - serve me right. I shouldn't have sat there for several hours trying to snatch photos of swallows, swifts and other birds which were too fast for me. We did almost stamp on a very angry grouse though. That gave it plenty to, er,  grouse about.

No comments: