Thursday 10 June 2010

And…Action!

The 'worst film ever' debate rumbles on. Mark nominates Jude Law and Sadie Frost in Final Cut, of which I'd never heard. It sounds utterly awful though. Here's the trailer:



Meanwhile, I watched a great film last night: Office Space. Perhaps it's because all of us here are worn down by the hostility and stupidity of management, the bureaucratization of a noble profession and the sense that we're merely oiling the wheels of a soulless machine, but this movie really struck a chord.

Additionally, I think watching this film marks some kind of psychological breakthrough for me. Why? Because normally, the second an actor from Friends appears, I switch it off. This time, despite Jennifer Aniston being a human-shaped blank space, I carried on watching. Look at me! I'm engaging in popular culture!





3 comments:

Ewarwoowar said...

Jude Law, Sadie Frost, Ray Winstone = ouch.

Vole you ARE engaging in popular culture! I've been patiently waiting for you to ask me what a "Cena mark" is and you haven't! Very good effort.

Unless you don't care, which, now I think about it, is much more likely than you knowing about marks/smarks.

The Plashing Vole said...

I'd Googled it. Some kind of wrestler, yes?

Ewarwoowar said...

Debatable.

See that Cena! I zinged you! Haha!

Ahem. Yes - back on topic, you can add Paul Blart:Mall Cop to your list.