Monday 12 April 2010

Willpower (not) required

I spend an awful lot of time on the web, mostly buying books and blogging. It's not good for my social skills and I suspect each post gets about 0.2 readers. The answer, of course, is to go online less often.

Some people are so hopelessly distracted that they can't do it on their own. They have to buy Freedom: a programme which blocks network access for anything from a few minutes to 8 hours so that you have no choice but to work.

God help me, I thinking about trying it. But that would mean going online…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Millhouse: 'Let's put it on the internet!'

Bart: 'No! We have to reach people whose opinions actually matter!'

Anonymous said...

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Well done Vole!

Maybe just restrict yourself to posting twelve times a day? Or how about a self-imposed limit on videos of difficult twentieth-century composers?