Monday 15 March 2010

Bits and bobs

Time to go home - I'm back in at 8 a.m.

My friend Alan's just given me my own, inscribed copy of his novel - I'm thanked in the acknowledgements too, which is really touching: I feel like I helped with a baby's birth or something.

Meanwhile, students, here's a short piece on student protest at other universities. Be inspired. Take over your useless SU: get a copy of the Constitution, get enough signatures for an Emergency General Meeting and pass motions enabling protest against whatever you object to, hold a referendum or pass a no-confidence vote. Then take over.

Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? University isn't about politics, it's about getting a good enough degree to go on Come Dine With Me.

The Plashing Vole said...

You're right. I apologise. If you study very hard, you might get on Winner's Dinners.