Monday 22 February 2010

Sent to Coventry

I'm a witness in a case which has been dragging on for a year and a half now. Tomorrow, I was planning to wander along to Wolverhampton Crown Court, three minutes walk from my flat, and finally give evidence.

But no. Despite having a date six months ago, I'm called today and informed that I'll have to be in bloody Coventry for 10 a.m. tomorrow - which means travelling through Birmingham in the rush hour wearing suit and tie, then wandering round one of Europe's ugliest cities before, no doubt, having the whole thing cancelled yet again. So no blogging from me tomorrow.

The whole thing has been an utter farce.

3 comments:

Zoot Horn said...

I lived in Coventry for 2 years but I can't for the life of me remember where the court was.

Anonymous said...

I loved my Dad's one line description of Coventry "They still have an Athena"

Zoot Horn said...

Ha! Good one Ben.