Sunday 24 January 2010

Stoke City ruin my marking


I'm listening to the Stoke-Arsenal match - this is my version of live-blogging. I know we're going to get hammered, but for the moment I'm feeling very smug: Stoke winning 1-0 after 70 seconds (from our trademark Rory Delap long throw) and all the pressure is on their goalmouth.

The crowd are in full voice - but then again some of them warmed up at the racist march held yesterday…

Update: controversial equaliser just before half-time. And so it begins…
Update: Stoke shots: several million. Stoke goals: 1. Arsenal shots: 2. Arsenal goals: 1.
Arrrggggghhh…
Update: Big Mama Sidibe and Ricardo Fuller combine for a Stoke GOAAAALLLLL! And we have substitutes left, unlike Arsenal. Amazing that Sol Campbell's going to have a full game. Good on him.
Update: Now it's 3-1 and we had one disallowed… 4 minutes of extra time and Arsenal fans aren't waiting until the end.

All done: we've shown North London how to play attractive football and win. Oh, and local racists: two of our goals were scored by a Jamaican: the sort of guy you abuse on the bus. Think on!

7 comments:

Kate said...

My Dad (a Spurs supporter) will be delighted! :-)

Benjamin. said...

Let's hope Stoke pull through, the Arsenal goal was ridiculously soft to concede and their fullbacks, wingers have not impressed me. Take Fabergas, Arshavin and Van Persie out of that side- not generally Top 4 quality.

Ewarwoowar said...

A sad day for football, this.

Benjamin - Take Rooney out of our team, and we're not even top half.

The Plashing Vole said...

A glorious day for football. We won by playing attacking, exciting football. Only one of our goals was from a set piece, and if Arsenal can't deal with a long throw, they don't deserve to win.

Benjamin. said...

Jesus. I return from a pleasant shower and writing of my latest article and blog to this stunning news. 3-1, I emphasis with your summary Vole and shall hope Stoke embark on a long undefeated streak.

And Ewar, take that back! We clearly hold more superiority over Arsenal than the formidable Wayne Rooney; we have Vidic and Rio to return also Owen Hargreaves and don’t forget the might of Diouf. Love United, Hate Glazer ftw.

Watch out for my upcoming blog on Edinburgh, I bid you farewell. I shall see you both around the University this week, I hope.

Graham Quirk said...

A fantastic win for Stoke, they thoroughly outplayed the Arse. It's been a great week of football, what with the mighty Villa reaching their first final in ten years. If only we had a more prolific striker we would be challenging this year. I think we need to relieve you of Mr Fuller's services... I bet he would love to play for a big club.

The Plashing Vole said...

I think you'll find that he already does. Physically and in terms of ambition.

When's O'Neill going to desert you for a big club?