Monday 4 January 2010

Ewar - collect your free mountain bike from the basement

Whacking Day was one of my favourite Simpsons episodes (the schools inspector is due, so Skinner tempts Bart and his delinquent friends down to the basement to 'collect the mountain bikes' they'd 'won', in which he locks them for the duration).

However: Ewar, there's a parcel of books for you, a present from Cynical Ben. I'm in for most of tomorrow, and the rest of my life.

I also loved Lisa's Substitute, because I was once a substitute (supply) teacher, and inspired precisely nobody. Though I did learn a host of new swearwords and saw more drugs than a pharmacist.

No video because Mr Murdoch has a lot of expensive lawyers and men with guns. Allegedly. He definitely has open access to Downing Street (also here, here, here, here, here and, well you get the message), which is more than we residents and voters can claim.

That's the problem with being middle-class.
Anybody who really cares will abandon you for those who need it more.
-- Mr. Bergstrom's parting remarks
Hey, just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!
-- Homer tries to understand Lisa

2 comments:

Ewarwoowar said...

How very weird.

I've just come onto this 'ere blog to ask whether you'll be in tomorrow, as I'll be spending my day in the uni library, and lo and behold I read this!

So I'll see you sometime tomorrow, hopefully after I've been to the opticians to fix my glasses.

Lou said...

Love the Homer quote; is that from The Odyssey?

As an aside, I get that down here we're a mere pimple on the backside of the civilised world but cutting us out of your Feedjit map completely? Uncalled for.