Friday 4 December 2009

Another class, career saved

My last formal poetry class of the year. Attendance is lowish, but they've all read the poems and are suitably horrified by some, touched by others. A good, opinionated debate ensues and I've been shown interesting ways to read lines I hadn't thought about before.

Urge to kill… falling… falling…

Haggis (ignore all the stuff about piping it in etc: that's Victorian BS invented for tourists and those Scots who gave away a country and then wanted to relocate the nation in something other than political power) for dinner tonight. Mmmm. Sarah was in Edinburgh for a meeting, and bought me a lovely MacSween's one - king of haggises (haggi?). Astonishingly, their vegetarian one is just as delicious, though how anything not containing 'heart, liver, lungs and spleen' can be delicious is a mystery I'll never solve.

No comments: