Wednesday 18 November 2009

Back to the sharp end

Finally, for the first time in a couple of months, I'm getting the train to Shrewsbury to go fencing. I'll be embarrassingly bad, but it doesn't matter. I couldn't avoid it even if I wanted to: I've been dumped with organising the West Midlands entry to a big youth team event - 2/3 days around the 20th December. What brilliant timing, though I suppose it gives parents a few days' peace while they do some Christmas shopping.

Anyone with a CRB certificate want to do some chaperoning, refereeing, coaching etc. etc.? My favourite job is patrolling the corridors at 3 a.m.

 I'm thinking of you, Saxon.

Hope Ireland beat France tonight. Then we can crush Lou's beloved New Zealand in the first round of the World Cup.

3 comments:

Lou said...

I hope Ireland win as well today though if we were to meet later my loyalties would obviously be different.

Benjamin Judge said...

You was robbed Ireland. You was stitched up.

See you in South Africa Lou!

Dan said...

Shame for Ireland.

At least Chris Wood will be at the World Cup though. Fine young protege he is.