Friday 16 October 2009

They use my bathroom!

This is stunning (via Pharyngula): a judge in - well, you guess the country - refuses to marry interracial couples but says he isn't racist:

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way,"Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."

I know that the US is much more democratic than the UK - and this can be the result. A registry officer in this country would be sacked and charged with several offences for this, quite rightfully. I trust this one's going to a higher court.

1 comment:

Zoot Horn said...

I like this quote from the associated press site: "Perhaps he's worried the kids will grow up and be president," said Bill Quigley, director of the Center for Constitutional Rights.