Thursday 1 October 2009

Once more unto the breach

Prince Harry is a bit of a waster. Nightclubs, silly parties, hanging around with wasters and ne'erdowells. Now he's playing soldiers and hanging around with the grunts under an assumed name to give himself credibility and acquire the common touch. His father was useless and had a very weak grasp on power.

No, I haven't been reading Heat magazine. Despite the uncanny parallels, I'm talking about Shakespeare - Henry IV parts 1 and 2, and Henry V - I've been teaching the latter this afternoon. Well, I've been interfering while Frank gives another polished, sophisticated exposition… how I'll follow it I just don't know.

Right - off home to do my Culture Cheese and Pineapple photos and possibly build another bookcase. Tomorrow sees the return of the Friday conundrum! Hope you can contain your excitement.

PS. Shakespeare's Harry is complex, intelligent, cunning, well-read, brave: more than can be said for the playboy prince and the rest of the parasitical crowd to be found falling out of Boujis of an evening.

2 comments:

Ewarwoowar said...

I've heard some things about Prince Harry in my time, from trusted sources. I cant say on here, sadly, as I'll be done for treason, but let's just say he isn't very pleasant.

But then he did grow up without a mum and with ginger hair, so I have some sympathy.

Zoot Horn said...

I saw a great production of both Henry 4s in Nottingham in the late 1980s. Harry's gang of hangers-on wore leathers with 'Hal's Angels' patches.

Hats off to Frank and your good self for taking on this course - really enjoyable I'm sure, but a LOT of work...