Tuesday 29 September 2009

Sous les livres, l'appartement

It's been worth moving in already: I've discovered that it's entirely feasible to wake up at 8.46 a.m. (that's 1 hour and forty six minutes after my usual time) and be opening a lecture at 9 a.m. Admittedly, I wasn't at my most fragrant or collected, but it's an important discovery.

I had a go at an IKEA chest yesterday, but stopped at the hammering stage as it was midnight. Construction was conducted to the sounds of Radio 3's weird jazz stuff, which really didn't work - it was so manic and frankly unpleasant that concentration was hard, but Radio 4 was doing something boring and I've not bothered setting up the TV. Oh for my beloved Late Junction.
The Donnie Darko condiment set

Still Life With Violin and Soviet Spaceman

Some of the books and records

Records A-D

Eventually, the kitchen.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Hey Voley,

would have preferred more pictures of the actual apartment rather than all your boxes of books (we fully believe you have that many and are still buying more, you have nothing to prove to us! ;-)) but from what I can see it looks really nice. I look forward to visiting in November or December (when I'm next in the vicinity).

Zoot Horn said...

Send us a picture of the outside - I don't want to case the wrong place.

The Plashing Vole said...

Ho ho ho, Zoot.
Kate - I'll post pictures of the finished apartment when it actually happens. Kind of 'before' and 'after'.

neal said...

Did you get the hot water sorted out?

The Plashing Vole said...

Sort of, Neal. It's very strange.

Imaginary Friend said...

I'd be more than happy to relieve you of some of the books and records if you haven't enough space!!
..and what exactly is the pole in the middle of the room for- dancing?!
Hx