Tuesday 15 September 2009

Let's all move to Sweden…

(or the Netherlands): Sweden offers FREE higher education for home and international students, and in a few years' time, most Swedish degrees will be in English. The down side is the loss of cultural autonomy - it's important that smaller languages keep going in all spheres.

The up side is that they'll be needing suave, outgoing lecturers keen to move to sophisticated societies. Time to polish the CV, methinks.

By the way, students: we have links with many European universities and funding to send you there for a year - it's a brilliant experience, and an extra year in university might be a good option at the moment - talk to your tutor or subject leader.

3 comments:

Newton Heath 18 said...

Yes, I can highly recommend it. I spent my year abroad in Hull. If I hadn't had gone there I would never have discovered the existence of Chip Spice.

Kate said...

Hey Voley,

I already saw the article and I'm so on it, Sweden - beautiful countryside, tasty food, good indie music, great clothes (home of Indiska!), far better welfare system, when can I move? Oh, and by 'suave, outgoing lecturer' was that an attempt as self description or an example of your ready wit? Either way I have to confess I may have stifled a giggle.....

The Plashing Vole said...

Erm… I guess there have to be some losers in the system Emma.

Kate - yes, it was an example of my dry humour. I'm not suave. More swede…