Tuesday 22 September 2009

Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed?

Hello carbon-based lifeforms. Out of bed yet? I've done one lecture this morning, and I've another in twenty minutes. Then a short break until 2, followed by another lecture at 3… tired already.

I watched Robocop 2 last night: what a very leftwing film it is, depicting as it does the dystopia which is the inevitable consequence of unrestrained capitalism. Public service is abandoned, individualism and profit dictate everybody's actions and the social fabric is undermined. Let this be a lesson to you all.

Meanwhile, Christine sent me this charming mail this morning. Perhaps you could deconstruct it for me?

Good morning Aidan. I hope the teaching is going well and that you still have a job.

This morning I read the following notice In the payment booth at Broad St car park:

Attendants at this booth will not accept coins that have been in your mouth.

I genuinely don't know why, but it made me think of you.

C


1 comment:

Zoot Horn said...

That's a relief.
I keep mine in my thong.