Friday 10 July 2009

Those who are about to die salute you!

Well, it's five o'clock and time to go home. Instead of going to Helen's party tomorrow, I'm off to help set up the Much Wenlock Olympian Games fencing. There are loads of events this weekend, and it's one of Britain's cutest villages, so get yourselves down there. Good pubs, a good book shop, lots of sports (some more serious than others) and beautiful countryside. The fencing is on Sunday at William Brookes School if you want to cheer me on. I'm in charge of the entries, so I already know my name won't be on that trophy…

5 comments:

Some Chilean Woman said...

Did you just use the word 'cute'?

Have fun this weekend!

The Plashing Vole said...

I did. I used it to mean small and picturesque. What do you use it for?

Some Chilean Woman said...

Midgets, puppies, baby seals...

The Plashing Vole said...

OK. Much Wenlock (even the name) is the equivalent of puppies. Ruined priory, black-and-white Tudor houses, rolling hills.

Some Chilean Woman said...

Sounds perfect. I'm jealous.