Wednesday 17 June 2009

Indier than thou

Hurrah! A New Paradise Motel album is coming. At some point this year. On a record label. Perhaps. Their wonderful mournful Australian melancholic old stuff isn't on the web anywhere (perhaps Last.fm), but here's the new song they've posted. I play their music most days and occasionally have to remind myself that almost nobody else has even heard of them, let alone rates them so highly. It just seems obvious to me.

Followed by another of my favourites, Hydroplane, who seem to have melted away into other Aussie bands.


2 comments:

Imaginary Friend said...

I've heard of them, though I guess that has something to do with you introducing them to me!
Was listening to a Hydroplane track yesterday too!

The Plashing Vole said...

Good for you! I've some stuff by the various side projects too.