Tuesday 9 June 2009

A good shoeing

What are you all doing today? I'm stuck in this office for another hour (and had to miss a swim for the second time this week), then going to a union meeting to find out what fresh horrors the university has in store for us.

After that, I'm sorely tempted to go to Birmingham to buy some new Doc Martens, as my black boots have a massive rip in the soles and my black DM shoes are completely knackered. I'm left only with some new cherry red ones, some tired brown nubuck ones, the exhausted suede ones, a new pair of brown shoes (technically meant to be for women) and the sandals. Perhaps I should diversify a little, though DMs are just part of my 90s indie culture - early Blur, Steve Lamacq etc. I do have some posh leather-soled brown and black brogues for funerals and weddings, but I never wear them otherwise. Then there are my fencing shoes (shiny silver and black, not to be worn off the piste) and some 1990s Adidas fencing shoes which are very cool indeed. Your suggestions? I no longer yearn for flashiness, if I ever did, but don't want something too staid.


3 comments:

Zoot Horn said...

I suggest a pale beige and silver snakeskin boot with a cuban heel. Of course, you'll need some crushed velvet flares to go with them.

The Plashing Vole said...

We can't all look like you…

Imaginary Friend said...

Stick with the DMs, you can't go wrong!