Saturday 20 June 2009

Another leisurely weekend

Just a quick hello on this sunny Saturday. I've had a civilised lunch with Neal (Wolverhampton Art Gallery - very good), bought some books (Hensher's The Northern Clemency, which is another condition of England book set in the 80s, Gavin Esler's political thriller A Scandalous Man and Cheeta's Me Cheeta - the 'autobiography' of the Hollywood chimp which is actually a sly way of doing a bit of muckraking. Should be fun. I do like The Works. The Birmingham one is a bit rubbish, but the Wolves branch usually has some decent history and biography, and a fair supply of literary fiction. These three set me back £10 - bargainus maximus.

Now I'm packing my gear, checking my blades and testing my bodywires ready for the Shropshire Closed tomorrow. It's going to be a disaster… I've hardly fenced this year.

2 comments:

Zoot Horn said...

Blades and bodywires? - admit it, you are in Peter Pan on Ice this Xmas aren't you?

Benjamin Judge said...

Captain Book? Boom! Boom!