Tuesday 19 May 2009

Moonlighting again

You won't be seeing too much of me this week. I've got a mountain of marking to do, and tomorrow I'm off to Cardiff. If you don't know me personally (I know, I only have four readers), you might not know that as well as being a hoopy frood who really knows where his towel is, I'm substituting arthritic performances on the fencing piste for helping out with competitions.

So wearing my Welfare and Child Protection hat, I'm off to south Wales for a site inspection, risk assessment and training course for the UK School Games. It's a multi-sport competition which is meant to give the competitors a full Olympic experience - Olympic medal winners were all over the place last year including Lord Baldemort himself, Duncan Goodhew and the swimmer from Mansfield who won loads of medals in Beijing.

I'm clearly a bad referee though. I should have been at the U10s championship this weekend, but instead I ran away to Minehead for a rock gig.

2 comments:

Friend of the Babel Fish said...

Thanks for a reminder of this marvelous guide to towels and the universe. If my reading pace ever picks up (which I doubt), I shall re-read it. For I'm the Worrying Kind and could do with some Don't Panic.

The Plashing Vole said...

HHGTG will always cure what ails you. Arthur Dent is the Mole for our age. Which makes Ford the Vole. I'm very happy now.