Friday 17 April 2009

My poor abused corpse

I went swimming this morning, for the first time in over a week, a week in which I've overindulged in chocolate, alcohol and rare breeds. So as you can imagine, the session was purest torture. My stomach appeared to be trailing several yards behind the rest of me. Plus, it was all in vain, as Neal and I had to eat a cake to take away the taste of the atrocious 'vegetable' 'lasagne' served in the canteen today. Quality is hit-and-miss here; some things are delicious, others inedible. Today erred on the side of the lower order of existence.

Still, at least some fun stuff turned up in the post: The Thick of It Specials, the new Super Furry Animals album, and Bill Callahan's Sometimes I Wish We Were An Eagle.

3 comments:

Zoot Horn said...

Being overweight is bad. I recommend chronic worry or the howling emptiness of heartbreak. Both worked for me.

The Plashing Vole said...

They're my habitual existence

Dan said...

New SFA a grower. Not as immediate as Rings... or Radiator but definitely includes some good songs. However, they still insist on running with their horrible artwork theme.