Wednesday 22 April 2009

Lonely? Call a MEETING!

I've just spent 90 minutes sitting on the Negotiating Committee of my union. Not literally, of course, they're quite well-behaved. They seemed unnaturally pleased to see me, mostly because I'm twenty years younger than all of them. I just felt inexperienced (and depressed about the state of play).

However, I returned to find in my pigeon-hole not pigeons but my new biography of Tom Wintringham, a book on political dirty tricks by a man with a great name: Kerwin C. Swint, and Pride and Prejudice with Zombies ('transforms a masterpiece of world literature into something you'd actually want to read'). What a great haul! Now on with marking until I go fencing in Shrewsbury tonight for the first time in ages.

3 comments:

Zoot Horn said...

I had a great idea for some plays earlier - King Lear and the Repressed Incestuous Psychosis Torture Killers, The Titus Andronicus Pie Cannibal Mutilators and Macbeth with Satanic Witches and the Wife from Hell. On further consideration, however, I finally settled on turning Bottom into an alien and writing one called A Midsummer Night's Chest Burster as there was more scope for creative adaptation.

Zoot Horn said...

Oh yes - and a horror series called The Chainsaw Sonnets.

The Plashing Vole said...

Very droll, Mr Zoot. Get writing.